Savage 10p-sr ??

jpfrog

So on a whim the other day, I was at the local sporting goods store looking for some things and saw a Savage 10P-SR 5r .308 rifle with an 18" threaded barrel and a knurled "tactical" bolt handle. It also has the Accustock and Accutrigger. I've been tinkering with the idea of building a rifle with similar features for use on hogs out at the ranch, and this seemed to have just about everything on it I wanted but without the wait time for finding a donor rifle, then waiting on custom parts to arrive and gunsmithing to be completed. I was also thinking of just buying the Rem700 AAC-SD package but that stock gets horrific reviews so I knew I'd be ordering a custom stock if I went that route.

Anyway, back to THIS rifle. I cannot find ANY information about it online, anywhere. Not even Savage has it on their website, and when I do the parts lookup tool and enter the serial number, no results. I'd like to order a spare magazine for it, or see if there are extended magazine options, but I can't find the info. Also, the bolt release is on the bottom in front of the trigger guard, instead of on top like on my model 111.

As is, this rifle will be perfect for suppressed, short range hog duty...but I would like to learn more about it and if there are accessories for it...and now that I own it but cannot find information on it, I'm even more intrigued.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

-JPFROG

So on a whim the other day, I was at the local sporting goods store looking for some things and saw a Savage 10P-SR 5r .308 rifle with an 18" threaded barrel and a knurled "tactical" bolt handle. It also has the Accustock and Accutrigger. I've been tinkering with the idea of building a rifle with similar features for use on hogs out at the ranch, and this seemed to have just about everything on it I wanted but without the wait time for finding a donor rifle, then waiting on custom parts to arrive and gunsmithing to be completed. I was also thinking of just buying the Rem700 AAC-SD package but that stock gets horrific reviews so I knew I'd be ordering a custom stock if I went that route.

Anyway, back to THIS rifle. I cannot find ANY information about it online, anywhere. Not even Savage has it on their website, and when I do the parts lookup tool and enter the serial number, no results. I'd like to order a spare magazine for it, or see if there are extended magazine options, but I can't find the info. Also, the bolt release is on the bottom in front of the trigger guard, instead of on top like on my model 111.

As is, this rifle will be perfect for suppressed, short range hog duty...but I would like to learn more about it and if there are accessories for it...and now that I own it but cannot find information on it, I'm even more intrigued.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

-JPFROG

Interested in this rifle also.

I stumbled across one of these rifles today over lunch in a gun shop that I never would have suspected as have a cutting edge newly released rifle like this. From what he had on the rifle it's an 18" threaded with a 1 in 10" twist. I'm in the same boat and was looking for a heavy barreled 308 that was threaded and takes extended magazines. I asked him if it was a custom order or anything like that and he said it wasn't. I made a point of asking if he got it easily from a distributor just in case he sells it really fast and I never get to hold another one of these I know another could be ordered. Personally, I think I'm going to buy one, eventually.

From what I've seen online I don't think it's got the accustock. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I'm not 100% since it's not on the savage website. I don't know how hard it is to find a replacement stock for a short action, heavy barrel, detachable magazine savage. I'm sure it can be done, but I don't doubt that the options will be very limited.

Last edited:
If it has a detachable box it may be the same as the 10TR another uncatalogued item. The 10TR are law enforcement only offerings and an over run at Savage put a few in the hands of distributors. The price on em was great and I picked one up a while back. It has the tac style extended bolt handle, heavy threaded 5R barrel (not just SR which is suppressor ready but 5r and SR),came with a factory EGW picatiiny rail, metal detachable box mag, the accutrigger, full length aluminum block Accustock with dual front swivel studs. Heck of a deal at $450 with more features at a cheaper price than the model 10PC. The mags interchange with my 10 PC, Dark eagle custom also makes 10 round mags if that's your thing. They are kinda like unicorns at that price so if you can get one for under $500 I'd say jump on it. When the over runs are gone I'd say they will be much pricier.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.