SAVAGE M10FCP-SR...308. NEED FEEDBACK

As far as Cabela's Savages go.. I would get the Savage FV in whatever cartridge you want. It is $230 cheaper than the 10T and also has the Savage rebate going for it. The !! FV HAS THE TOP BOLT RELEASE !!. The FV does not have the Accustock or the 5R rifling. I'm so sure how much the 5R rifling is gonna affect things with a factory barrel anyway. There are plenty of tooling marks left in them to catch copper....

You could use the money saved and put it toward a after market stock and barrel. That's what I did last month. Just used the 12 FV action. Now has a Boyds stock and Shilen ratchet rifled barrel on it. Ratchet rifling is Shilen's version of 5R rifling.

I've heard tell of the ratchet rifling. How is it? I'm open to all options now, don't know why I haven't done it before now.
Mostly green blood!
Again, this is one of ythe reasons I'm doing the switch, the versatility., and options.
I just don't know the differences in the 10, 11, 12, 16 models.
????????

I've heard tell of the ratchet rifling. How is it? I'm open to all options now, don't know why I haven't done it before now.

I will let you know when I shoot it. :) Haven't gotten to the range yet. Hopefully next week.. Have Lapua brass, 135 Gr. Berger Classic Hunters and RL26 for it and all new to me. So it should be interesting. Here's what it looks like.
IMG_20180330_151349.jpg

I will let you know when I shoot it. :) Haven't gotten to the range yet. Hopefully next week.. Have Lapua brass, 135 Gr. Berger Classic Hunters and RL26 for it and all new to me. So it should be interesting. Here's what it looks like.
View attachment 94795
Barrelnut, when I started this thread, i was sure you would chime in, and do a little coaching.
OBTW, that is a beautiful looking spitfire, you hsve on display, I assume it's 6.5 Creedmore!
Very nice, and live the wood. Whose stock is that? Boyds?
Did you go with 5r rifling?
I only wish I kept that model 10fcp, HS. Didn't know what Ii had. Sold it to fund custom build. You know the drill.
Can't wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.