Savage 10 FCP-SR

450hunter

Does anyone have any first hand experience with one of these rifles? I'm looking at one in 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 Win with 24" heavy barrel and a AccuStock. Thanks in advance.

I had the creed for a min, shot 4 boxes of factory hornady 140 match through
It. After a box for sight in and quick barrel break in I shot 3 10 shot strings that were
Under 3/4 moa. Traded it off like a dummy.

I was checking them out at the store recently because my brother is wanting an inexpensive rifle. They had a 6.5 Creedmoor that looked pretty decent, with a tan stock. They also had a .308 with a black stock and a bolt handle the size of a summer sausage. Never have I seen a bolt handle that large and awkward looking. I guess it doubles as a breaker bar in case you need to torque your U-bolts while at the range. Anyway, aside from that they appear to be good rifles for the money. The 6.5 CM had a bolt handle that was just right, by the way. I don't know what advantage there is to the Accustock but it feels like any other cheap plastic stock.

I recently purchased one from Grab A Gun, it currently qualifies for the Savage $100 rebate.
I bought it to have a cheap shooter for use at the range between shot strings with my custom 6.5-284. It has become my go to shooter for now.
It shoots Hornady 140. Gr. ELD MATCH at bout 3/4 MOA or better.
I have tried one hand load for it with 140 Berger Hybrids and those too shot about 3/4 MOA. Tropical Storm Cindy has put a damper on my shooting a load development for a few days.
I am very satisfied with mine. It came with the tactical bolt, a 20 MOA rail and the stock was FDE. I have painted mine and added a muzzle brake. It's fun to shoot and I'm very satisfied with the quality of the rifle.

Here is a link to my review of this rifle:

So I bought my first Savage, a 10FCP-SR...

Lonster

Thanks for the responses.

Lonster,
Did you get the rebate on your rifle? I read a post that said good luck on the rebate. I take it your transaction went smoothly with grab-a-gun. Thanks

I traded for one back in the winter. Mine is 308 and loves 125gr ballistic tips and Accubonds. I shoot Varget and CCI LRP. It shoots MOA out to 300yds. Haven't shot it farther.I have enjoyed Savage rifles for over 20yrs & this one fits right in.

Thanks for the responses.

Lonster,
Did you get the rebate on your rifle? I read a post that said good luck on the rebate. I take it your transaction went smoothly with grab-a-gun. Thanks

Transaction with Grab-A-Gun went smoothly. Waiting for rebate from Savage.

Lonster

Go to Savage web site. Click on rebates, scroll to the bottom and click on the current rebates available. They say allow 6-8 weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.