SAUM’s Share yours from Hunting or Comp. Pics Heavy !!

I have a 7 suam. Great shooting the only reason I have it is I got A Smoking deal on the gun . Here is the issue I don't know of anyone offering them in a factory rifle not even Rem arms . Also with the Way better marketing of the prc and the ammo being made for it I think it is going to end up an obsolete great family of cartridges for hand loaders only if you can find brass

We're working on it.

Yes, it's the .220 FB. The barrel is a C6 CF barrel at 27". It's a tight chamber and cut to be .002" above new ADG brass. my CBTO is 2.360". I touch lands at 2.355". The bullet is in the lands at 0.005". New ADG Brass or resized brass with N570 67.8 grains gets me an average velocity of 2,968 fps average. I ran it up to 69.0 grains to 3,035 fps with pressure signs. The 67.8 grains gets me a vertical dispersion at 650 yards of 2" basically. But the 68.1 to 68.4 has the best disersion of half that, but it's very close to pressure and I'm shooting in Texas and the temps can kill ya. But that being said if I were only to use in the high country in the fall I would be at the 68.2 grains in the middle and I would shoot it all day long. At the 68.2 I was averaging 2,984 fps and an ES of 5. I confirmed it 4 times on 2 different days. It want's to be there. So that being said, I am going to cut a Brux Medium Palma at 26" and try to hit that node but I will be back at the 2,960 fps spot with the better dispersion.

To note: The only 7PRC barrel I cut was a 26" and I could not get to within 80 fps of what the SAUM pushed it.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
What's keeping an 81.5 gr H20 case from equaling and not exceeding the velocity of a 74 gr H20 case? These are ADG numbers.
Ive got a 7SS and 7PRC so no slant here.
My 7ss has a msnufacturers verified tight barrel. But it shoots so good I'm keeping it and giving up 100f estimated FPS. It pressures up with less powder than normal.
Possible the PRC has the same issue?

Last edited:
What's keeping an 81.5 gr H20 case from equaling and not exceeding the velocity of a 74 gr H20 case? These are ADG numbers.
Ive got a 7SS and 7PRC so no slant here.
Honestly I have no idea. I've only had one sample of the prc and only tried 195's. Same powder same primer same bullet same brass manufacturer. Could be the chambers, freebore, user, tongue out left side and not right. Well tight could be but the saum I was testing on like I said was tight and just above Adg brass.

You guys mind sharing any good loads for a LA 7 saum with a Hawkins hunter mag with spacer? I have 175 EH and 180 eldm's in the reloading room with h4350, h1000, h4831sc, and magpro. May even pick up a couple boxes of the Berger 184's. Gun won't arrive for another week or two but curious what other medium and long action guns were shooting. I have several loads for my SA 7 saum but now can load past 2.95…..will soon see if there is a difference.

Might check here. 👍

7SAUM - cant think of better all around cartridge, my favorite by far.
LonePeak Fuzion TI - Short
22 Proof Sendero Light 1-8
SalmonRiver TI Pro brake
Triggertech
Manners LRH
HawkinsHunter DBM
Built by Alamo Precision
150 scirocco's (3100 fps) & 168 VLD's (3000 fps) - North American Ammunition Company. Thanks Paul!
Taken game from 170 out to 600 yards

IMG_7885.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_9068.jpeg

7SAUM

Action: Defiance Anti X. Med.
Fully DLC coated

Trigger: Trigger Tech Diamond
Pro Curved -Clean

Stock: MCS-PH.
Elite Tac Scorched Earth

Bottom metal