Sauer 100 anyone have one, thoughts?

dciron

I have seen these at a couple of dealers and quite frankly just handling them and working the actions they seem to be better made then some rifles in the $1500 range. I have not shot the Sauer or the other more expensive guns but I was impressed. I am sure someone here has expereience with a Sauer 100 and can give me their impressions based on their experience.

I have a Sauer 100 Cherokee in 6.5 PRC. It is very accurate with the right loads. I am shooting 130g Barnes with H1000 and getting 1/2" groups. I have about 200 rounds thru it so far. Picked up some RL26 yesterday and will put some loads together shortly. It has an adjustable trigger, ceracote finish w/ a camo stock.

I have a Sauer 100 Cherokee in 6.5 PRC. It is very accurate with the right loads. I am shooting 130g Barnes with H1000 and getting 1/2" groups. I have about 200 rounds thru it so far. Picked up some RL26 yesterday and will put some loads together shortly. It has an adjustable trigger, ceracote finish w/ a camo stock.
Sounds like it is treating you well. It seems to be solid, well thoughtout, a machined well. Is that your impression after living with it a bit?

Yes it is. I bought a box of factory ELD X loads when I first got my hands on the rifle and it gave me 3/4 inch groups while breaking in the barrel. For the Barnes bullets I'm loading now the best powders seem to be H1000 and RL25. I'm going to give RL26 a shot and try to tighten up the groups. Overall I think it will work out to be a fine hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts