Samsung compatible "luggage/package" tracker

cohunt

Anyone use a location tracker to ship with a firearm to know where it is if it gets lost?

-Samsung/android compatible
-Prefer replaceable battery
-Smaller the better but don't want to sacrifice location finding ability
- wanting to toss in a gun case while shipping so I can see progress and track if lost

How accurate are these?
-Samsung smart tag
-TILE tracker tag
Any other brand to consider?
What model is best?
I'd prefer less expensive as I don't plan on using much but it needs to work
- figured I'd toss in a prepaid envelope to send it back once delivered.
"Close" location/bluetooth won't really be used, "far" location in app/map is what I'm after-- prefer if the app were to list an address/GPS location but not quite sure how these work

Thoughts from anyone who has used one?

I used an Apple Air Tag about 3 months ago when shipping out a firearm to another state. I put the air tag in a self addressed stamped envelope and sealed it up.

I then put a bright colored sticky note on the front of the envelope and asked the gunshop to drop it in the mail.

After dropping the package off at UPS, I was able to track it through the system easily. I do remember, that it sat in a facility for two days, this was on a Saturday and Sunday. I looked it up on Google Maps and it showed it was a UPS facility.

On Monday morning when I check the status, it was on the move again. Later in the day I saw it was at the gun shop. I called the gun shop and confirmed it's arrival. The employee told me he had already placed the envelope in the outgoing mail.

A few days later, I received the air tag back.

I found the air tag to be very accurate. You can go to YouTube and learn how to remove the speaker so it isn't constantly beeping.

If I have to check a bag when traveling, there's always a hidden air tag in the bag.

This was a good investment for me.

If you have a Samsung, then get the Smart Tag Plus. It works great. I got one for Mrs LuvDog because she's a Samsung phone fan and it tracks better than my AirTag

Here's a good video comparison

I have used the Apple Air Tag but not shipped it anywhere. They work pretty darn good. Put one on my keychain and my wallet as they always seem to be somewhere other than where I remember leaving them. I am glad to hear someone has shipped one and it worked. Thats awesome.

I will add... I think in much of the US, the airtag may be a bit better because it seems like iphones are everywhere.

In other parts of the world, where Samsung has a larger footprint, then they are just as good or better.

I just returned from Africa. The airline totally screwed up. I did have the air tag in my luggage It initially was stranded at DFW. followed the baggage to Heathrow and to Johannesburg with my iPhone. They are in the process of shipping it back to me..I'd I didn't have the AirTag I don't know if I would get a return of my luggage. Never will I go through DFW or Heathrow again.