Ear Muffs compatible with Hearing Aids

fmuguira

Got me some hearing aids on the way. Been using a lower end amplification set of muffs from Walkers.

What have you guys with hearing aids found that will work with your hearing aids still in? Mine will be the ones that ride behind your ears and have a small insert/plug that goes in ear canal.

Be very interested in what others have experienced. (I would prefer a 'thinner' muff if possible for shooting shotgun clays also)
Thx in advance.

Hope to find a muff that will allow leaving aids in but do appreciate your comment and pointing out that option.

I have 2 sets of muffs that I've used with the aids in place. A set of Howard Leight electronic muffs and a set of just regular 'block' out all sound type muffs. The key is getting the 'around the ear' portions big enough to seal well.

......What have you guys with hearing aids found that will work with your hearing aids still in? Mine will be the ones that ride behind your ears and have a small insert/plug that goes in ear canal.

Be very interested in what others have experienced. (I would prefer a 'thinner' muff if possible for shooting shotgun clays also)
Thx in advance.
Same issue for me. I have hearing aids with the behind the ear unit and tube to ear channel.
I had been using a very old set of ProEar adjustable amplification controls that covered the hearing aids and worked well. They finally gave up the ghost this year and even ProEar company could not repair them due to the age/design of the inside electronics.
Like you, I wanted a thinner profile so I ordered the ProEars Pro 300. They are thinner but have a 5.5ms response time. I decided to keep for trap shooting and any friends who might want to go shooting. I then ordered the ProEars Predator Gold which has a 1.5ms response time but are bulky like my original set. I use them for handgun/rifle shooting which is under a covered shooting area (louder due to sounds bouncing and shooters only a few feet away.
Hope this helps.

I agree with Ken61, take your hearing aids out when shooting. If you use ear muffs that you can regulate the volume on, you don't need hearing aids in place. When I'm in the truck ready to leave, the hearing aids go back in.