Sako AII Action adequate for Long Range Rifle?

Joaquin B

I am considering building a hunting rifle that my daughter can also use at long range in .243 or .260 AI.

For this, I am considering using a Sako AII action from a Forester rifle chambered in .243 Win. I have installed an extra power spring from Wolf and figured-out and worked the trigger to achieve a consistent 1-1/4 lb. pull.

While discussing this with a fellow silhouette shooter, he told me that he would not consider using such an action because the striker travel is almost twice as long as in a Winchester or Remington action.

To be honest, I have yet to seriously work up a precision load for the rifle with premium components. However, I am very interested to know if anyone out there has any long-range rifles made with Sako AII or AIII actions and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance,

get someone to put a krieger barrel on it in the caliber/TWIST of your choice it will be AWESOME.

The action is worthless and no good. Since it is no good you can give it to me and I will dispose of it for you.

Seriously you have an excellent action that I have built several excellent rigs on. But if you do want to sell it I am interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.