Long range rifle?

Ol Bull

Hi guys, i need your help please. I've got the BUG real bad but don't know what to do. Too many options. Do i buy a used rifle, theres a .300 WSM for sale here i'm thinking about or do i get a new Rem Sedero 338RUM or a AR30 338LM. Recoil is really not a problem but i don't want anyting bigger than .338 bore. I also have a long Mark X mauser action i can use. I do know i want a 30 cal. or .338.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Oh,scope will be a NF 5.5x22R2 that part was easy
[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: Ol Bull ]

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: Ol Bull ]

It's hard to say what your concerns, personal preferances and hunting situations are, so it's a pros and cons type deal.

Is there anything you "don't" like about the rifles or chamberings you mentioned?

What parts "do" you like about each?

A lot of the pros and cons fall into the personal preferance catagory, some into the range you plan on using out to, and others into, is the rifle the way I want it now and what is available to make it the way I want it type deal.

Brent, as factory rifles go i like the Rem Sendero's. Used to have one in .338WM till my son talked me out of it. I really only hunt elk so i want to stay with .30 or .338 calibers. One of the gun shops here has an AR30 338LM and i like it also. The guy who owns the shop has one and says the recoil is not bad do to the brake. I could build a rifle but after some research i think i could just buy one cheaper and have it now rather than in 6 months. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts