Sako A7 25-06

Nationals28

Hi, I recently purchased a new sako A7 and have been playing around trying to find the best load for this gun. But nothing seems to be working I am using hornady 117gr interlocks and have mostly tried h4831 and imr4831 with magnum primers i was wondering if anyone has found a load that is working well for them for this gun. I cant seem to get a better group than 1 1/2" at 100yd.

I have two Sakos in .243 (Forester Model) and 30-06 (Finnbear Model), as well as a Ruger M77 (1988 manufactured date with tang safety) 25-06 and I'm using IMR4350 with the Hornady BTSP Interlocks for all three with great results. I'm getting less than 1/2" groups with the 117 grainers in my 25-06 with Winchester brass, CCI primers, and 50 grains of powder. Maybe that will work for you in your Sako.

I always had the best luck with H4831 in Winchester brass. I used a Standard primer all the time. CCI BR2 mostly. I used this with all bullet weights and just adjusted powder charge. Work well with all weight bullets. 85 gr to 120gr .

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.