Ruger M77 moa rail or rings

HammerB1

Official LRH Sponsor
I have recently built a custom 6.5 on ruger M77 action, I need to gain 30 moa. What is available for bases or rings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brian

I was at the gun store last weekend and saw a picatinny type rail to mount on the MkII bases..
but i cant remember who made it ....next time in i will check for u if still needed....

sdeviation, that would be great. I've looked about everywhere on-line and can't find anything for the ruger action. Thanks Brian

Bholt,

There are several things you do for your gun. I have a Ruger M77 MKII chambered in a 243 AI. This gun has been built from the ground up and shoots SUB .5 at 200 yards.

I went with our 20 MOA base,(70 $) and had my gunsmith drill and tap my receiver. Due to these receivers being incredibly hard, you really want to make sure your smith knows what he is doing. Once the receiver was drilled and tapped, I had the smith mill the picatinney base to sit on top of the receiver. I had him leave a small amount of tolerance so that i could bed the base to the receiver with Devcon.

It now looks great and shoots better then any Ruger M77 i know of. Shoot me a pm if you would like to see pictures or for contact info for the gunsmith who did mine.

All in all, i have about 200 $ in this setup.

Regards,
Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts