Ruger 77 IIVT vs Sendero 25-06

olsingleshot

I am thinking about a new heavy barrel 25-06. I am considering the Ruger and the Sendero. This would be used for target shooting and 400-500 yard deer shots. I would like your imput. There is a price and weight difference but I am looking for accuracy and quailty for the money.

Hello,
I have both the Ruger and the Sendero and love them both. As far as long distance shooting I have my Sendero, which is .300 Mag instead of 25-06) set up for long distance (1,000 yds.) with a Leopold 6.5-20X50 Target scope, Harris bipod and sling for a total weight of 13-.7 pounds. I also had a trigger job done to make it buttery smooth but breaks like glass at app. 1.5 pounds. It is an AWESOME long range weapon for the bench but definitely not one for packing all day, unless you are into bodybuilding! lol I would highly recommend it but unless it is something brand new the Sendero is not offered in the 25-06 caliber. Unless things have recently changed, it is only offered in the .264 WM, 7mm RM & RUM and .300 WM & RUM.
Hope this helps and good luck...
LoneWolf

Lone Wolf Remington made a special run of .25-06 recently and the Sendero is available in that caliber. I have a .300 H&H for very long distance but wanted something in the 500 yard area without the punishment. I have a custom .300 Win coming also. This rifle would just fill in a niche. Thanks for your imput.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.