Ruger 10/22 green mountain barrel

gphil

does anyone have any experience with green mountain barrels? i was looking into putting a 20inch barrel on my ruger 10/22 and i was curious if anyne had any experience with these

Thanks

I had a GM barrel in 22 mag for my Ruger 77/17 and it was the most accurate rimfire I've ever shot. It would easily keep 10 shots in under 3/4 of and inch with most groups around the 1/2 mark and one 8 shot group that was 1/4 inch till I ruined it with two more shots that opened the group up to just over a half inch. All those were shot at 100 yards. When I get the time to trick out my wife's 10/22 it'll be getting a GM barrel.

sweet thats what i was hoping to hear. I would like to look into getting one myself. Id like get one and get a nice hogue stock for it too.

I have or have had

1 Magnum reasearch (superb but spendy)
1 Butler Creek (piece of junk)
1 E.R. Shaw ( shot just fine)
1 Volquartsen (had features gm didn't offer)

But I currently have 9 green mountain barrels, in each rimfire caliber ranging from 16.5 inch 17 hm2, to 20 inch 22mag. I love them, have installed probably anohter 15 for relatives and friends. Have not had a single bad one.

I highly reccomend Green mountian.

thats good to hear i was a little conserned to buy a barrel i didnt know anything about. I would like to get the 20inch sporter barrel that tapers and its fluted. Its .920 at the base and im not sure what it gets down to but it looks like a good one. Are barrels hard to install on a ruger 10/22?

Switching them out is pretty easy, just pull the stock and their are 2 bolts holding the barrel on. Sometimes the tennon is a little sticky but a littel emery cloth or sticking the barrel in the freezer usually works.

I don't think that the barrel will dissapoint, especially if you are switching from a factory sporter barrel.

alright thanks hopefully this winter I will get one, and it is just a stock barrel that i have right now. that freezer trick sounds like a good idea i might end up puttin that to use!

I am a GM fan to. The latest 10-22 i did was for my youngest daughter and on it i used a Tactical Solutions barrel because there were out of GM when i went to but it and it shoots amazing to and i like the fact for her it is extremely light and she used it to kill over 20 rock chucks this summer at ranges of 50- close to 100 yds. Never fear tho i dont think u can go wrong with a GM barrel

I have one of GM 20" subsonic barrels with a fast 1:9 twist for the 60gr .22 LR SS round from Aquila. Boy' it shoots great on my 10/22 Kinda like watching a motor leave the tube as your looking through the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts