Rubber covers for barrel threads?

I use tape on the muzzle, even when stored away from the gun…I am paranoid with creatures finding a home in there which has happened to me a few times before I put my barrels in socks.

Cheers.

Much like yourself….. My use of tape serves a different purpose than "thread protection"!

Not only does it accomplish that which you speak…..but, will prevent mud, ice, or other debris (French trash 😁) from getting in the barrel.

We never, "never" go into the field without our muzzles tape! And, we carry a roll (partial roll) in our day packs. If we fire our rifle, the tape is pretty quickly replaced.

Also, quality electrical tape can serve a multitude of other uses from first aid to minor, temporary in field repairs on equipment!

Kinda like American Express, "Don't leave home without it"! memtb

Much like yourself….. My use of tape serves a different purpose than "thread protection"!

Not only does it accomplish that which you speak…..but, will prevent mud, ice, or other debris (French trash 😁) from getting in the barrel.

We never, "never" go into the field without our muzzles tape! And, we carry a roll (partial roll) in our day packs. If we fire our rifle, the tape is pretty quickly replaced.

Also, quality electrical tape can serve a multitude of other uses from first aid to minor, temporary in field repairs on equipment!

Kinda like American Express, "Don't leave home without it"! memtb
Never leave home without it, or without the muzzle taped.

Cheers.