RSI pressuretrace

biff's reloading

i hate to just join up and start askin a bunch of questions, but i havent seen any talk of it in the past topics.......

what do u know about it? i know u dont really need it for the rifles, but i do mostly shotgun stuff (mostly 10ga) and theres really no way to tell what psi u got.

it would be nice to have and i am prob going to get one sometime so i can make 8ga loads and try different powders in the 10ga.

any thots?

http://www.shootingsoftware.com/pressure.htm

I have one and IMO, it works well and is easy to set up.

I do agree that for standard rifle cartridges there may be very little need for this, but working up wildcat loads I think that it can save you a lot of worry about pressure and a lot of time can be saved with the ability to jump powder weights with confidence.

The price is modest, and I believe it to be a good value.

edge.

I've got it and wish I would have spent the money elsewhere. Maybe I'm just too stupid to get it to work right, but I've been through 2 of those $25 strain gauges and have not once got an even pressure curve.

I'm not saying it does not work. I want to try it one more time before I say that.

If I recall, the person to email is Jim Ristow ( or something like that ). He will get you on track very quickly. I had pulled a connection loose and could not get a trace. They mailed a new cord the next day.

edge.

I've talked to Jim on a couple of occasions. I've just been to lazy to call him back on this issue. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that he can get me going as well. Super nice guy and full of good info!!

[ QUOTE ]
I've got it and wish I would have spent the money elsewhere. Maybe I'm just too stupid to get it to work right, but I've been through 2 of those $25 strain gauges and have not once got an even pressure curve.
I'm not saying it does not work. I want to try it one more time before I say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in buying it. Send me email: [email protected]

I need it for my 50 BMG sabot's, subsonics and developing max loads.

if they arent much help for u, u could always send it out my way to try....... i promise to give it right back...hehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.