ROKON TRAILBREAKER BIKE

I run a TW200, but it's mostly for access to shorten the hike in/out. I'll ride it up a trail to the wilderness boundary (maybe 10 miles?) then park it there and start hiking, often another 10 miles off. It really helps me get away from the crowds. I haven't had a problem with not being able to get up a hill due to power, as one other poster mentioned, but it's also not going to go fast. It's always hauled me, my gear and kill. I've also never tried to haul an elk on it. For that you could just take more than one trip, though, which we end up doing on foot most of the time anyhow. It's not great in snow - it's a motorcycle! As others mentioned, it's more about the application. I've also got a couple other bikes (KTM 500, DRZ400) and wouldn't even consider using them for hunting due to the very high seat height. Having an animal on there could be pretty awkward. Another good thing about the TW is that it's also useful in everyday life, so it's not just sitting in your garage when you're not out in the woods. I ride mine to work, around town, and just take it out trail riding with some buddies that also have TW's. I've also got an ebike I built that's way more powerful than any factory built bikes, and it's not even up for comparison to the TW - the TW is more useful in every situation for me, unless being quiet is the most important thing. But - to each their own and everyone finds what works for them and their application.
Thank you.
I have been looking at ebikes but don't want to deal with one in the wilderness.

Mines a 02 and its seen a lot of elk country.I went up a pretty steep sage brush ridge, took a couple tries, then put elk 1/4 on back. I never put weight on front. In bear pict My kid road in with me on back. I let him pull sled and I walked out, safer at 60 ,heh.Done a hundred hikes leave bike stashed, then walk off mtn bugling for elk, miles, and bike back.That is main way I use it.This my mobile hunting camp and can have bike easy on baView attachment 443624ck of Jeep
You got your hunting dialed in for sure!

I've always been intrigued with the Trailbreaker being simple and 2 wheel drive. As a kid, we rode totegoats and Honda trail 90s.
It seems like the Rokon is on steroids.
I've been hunting in some steep areas with really narrow roads and sharp drop offs. I like that I could squeeze by another truck.
Can anybody who has used a Rokon comment on the good and bad? Good in snow?
Is there trailer solid snd easy yo tow?
How easy is the upkeep?
Easy to get parts?
Is a used machine a solid investment or will I inherit problems?
A helmet would be a yes.
Awesome bike they will climb so straight up that when you look back it's almost scary. I know people that have packed an elk on them( no antlers).

Iv'e had 2 Rokon's years ago and they would go just about any place I had guts enough to take them. The biggest problem was they were hard to steer and really worked the upper body and when I opened them up the vibration was so bad it made my eye lids vibrate . The dealer in our area was a Chiropractor needless to say he had lots of customers. I bought a 1982 Honda 110 and never looked back. Hauled tons of deer on it. sold it after double knee replacements. Also had a TW 200 , but the wide tires won't go through the snow very good . What little riding I do now I ride a XT 225. The new Honda 125's look really good , but I heard they don't have the high- low gear box option. The Honda 110 trail with the bigger sprocket on the back with the extra optional rear brake handle on the handle bars and extra gas tank under the back rack is hard to beat. If you cut the sides of the rear fenders out you can make a set of chains for the back that work well in mud and snow. Good luck

Iv'e had 2 Rokon's years ago and they would go just about any place I had guts enough to take them. The biggest problem was they were hard to steer and really worked the upper body and when I opened them up the vibration was so bad it made my eye lids vibrate . The dealer in our area was a Chiropractor needless to say he had lots of customers. I bought a 1982 Honda 110 and never looked back. Hauled tons of deer on it. sold it after double knee replacements. Also had a TW 200 , but the wide tires won't go through the snow very good . What little riding I do now I ride a XT 225. The new Honda 125's look really good , but I heard they don't have the high- low gear box option. The Honda 110 trail with the bigger sprocket on the back with the extra optional rear brake handle on the handle bars and extra gas tank under the back rack is hard to beat. If you cut the sides of the rear fenders out you can make a set of chains for the back that work well in mud and snow. Good luck
That is the direction I am leaning toward. I've been looking at the Honda 125. I didn't realize their gearing is different from the old trail 90. I'll take a look at the trail 110.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

you can always gear the 125 down. Iv'e run out of power with the 90's and if you leave the key on and the battery runs down they wont start . The 110 uses the battery as the voltage regulator and the'll start with a dead battery. In 1982 they went to electronic ignition instead of points and I heard some ignition parts are hard to get .I put a rear rack off a 90 on my 110 because the 110 is flat were as the 90 has a back on it so things don't slide off. To bad I sold my 1982 last year it had 890 total miles on it.

you can always gear the 125 down. Iv'e run out of power with the 90's and if you leave the key on and the battery runs down they wont start . The 110 uses the battery as the voltage regulator and the'll start with a dead battery. In 1982 they went to electronic ignition instead of points and I heard some ignition parts are hard to get .I put a rear rack off a 90 on my 110 because the 110 is flat were as the 90 has a back on it so things don't slide off. To bad I sold my 1982 last year it had 890 total miles on it.
I've been on the Honda trail 125 forum and have seen different ratios mentioned.
Big J, you seem to have alot of experience with the Honda trails.
What do you think about using an ebike trailer behind a trail 125 to haul out deer?

IMG_5538.jpg

Sorry I don't know any thing about E bikes or trailers. We spent most of our time fishing and hunting the high lakes of the cascades. I was lucky to be able to ride in the late 60's and 70's before it all became wilderness area's. spent the last years in the lake chelan basin towards Twisp. I'll be 70 this fall so now I lots of memories and photos ,but all my friends can't ride anymore or have passed on good luck. I may know where there could be a 110 for sale if your interested. I sold mime to my cousin for 3 grand.