ROKON TRAILBREAKER BIKE

NW Hunter,You mean wheel less on Jeep,ramps stores on back.Made it. Fits back of my truck camper two. Another mentioned 50'' SXS.Those don't even begin to fit on bike trails,MT and ID,have dedicated trails. I can ride mine on continental dived, between both states and bugle elk.

I see the Rokon as a poorly designed gadget that doesn't even have a true motorcycle engine. It looks like some guy built it in his garage with a lawn mower engine. The poor speed it makes for all the noise it makes is kind of ridiculous too.

While it looks like a Rattle Trap made by a redneck in his garage ( I'm assuming it was isn't everything cool) it has a tremendous capacity in extreme Terrain. At this stage of the game they're quite proven off-road, but the issue is application not necessarily the tool.

I think a few posts back a fellow said if you got to drive down a gravel road for a long ways you'll lose your teeth, or at least it'll feel like one of the fury Brothers punched you in the kidneys. Best way I can describe what it was like to go through the bogs we took them through, is like trying to ride on the back of an angry noisy wheeled animal. It absolutely went places I didn't think it was possible, flip side was the miles of washboard gravel we had to ride after getting off the trail. For as amazing as it is on Trails you can hardly hike up it was as equally unimpressive in a straight line on a flat Gravel Road. That's no fault of the machine or it's design, my suggestion was merely if it's Gravel Road you want there's much better options.

For the same money you can purchase a Honda Pioneer 500cc Side by Side that is only 50" wide and I bet considering the handlebars the Rokon isn't much narrower. The Pioneer would be waaaaaaay more versatile and could carry and tow a heck of a lot more gear and a moose to boot.

I see the Rokon as a poorly designed gadget that doesn't even have a true motorcycle engine. It looks like some guy built it in his garage with a lawn mower engine. The poor speed it makes for all the noise it makes is kind of ridiculous too.
Tell me how good that pioneer is going to do on a side hill
Hope it has good rops

My buddies and I have Rokons. They are a tool, not built for comfort, but will do everything they are claimed to do. They aren't fast, well fast enough for what they are, but they will go practically anywhere in the woods. You do have to manhandle them at times, but I guarantee one will go over a 30"+ deadfall and climb an incline that you would rather not ride back down with a half of an elk strapped on front and back (in my younger days I have literally laid the bike down and pushed it with my feet to the bottom of some hills).
I tried snow, once, maybe it was just me but it just didn't work out as it was hard to handle and keep upright in 12-20" packed white stuff. Parked the Rokon and just rode the chained-up quad.

For the same money you can purchase a Honda Pioneer 500cc Side by Side that is only 50" wide and I bet considering the handlebars the Rokon isn't much narrower. The Pioneer would be waaaaaaay more versatile and could carry and tow a heck of a lot more gear and a moose to boot.

I agree that a side by side would be a better work horse. I'm having trouble finding room to park a trailer at my place. With all my gear, I don't have enough room in the bed of my truck.

I looked at the Rokon, but it didn't have suspension. It looks the same as the 1950 model. I ended up with a Chinese minibike called the Trailmaster MB 200. Before Bidenflation it was $1000. Even with front and rear suspension and ATV tires, it can be a rough ride. I can't imagine what it would be like without suspension. One plus is that on a two track road you can avoid most of the rocks. I've only found one road I couldn't go up. Mixed sand and rock and and steep enough I worried about going over backwards. I put a much larger sproket on it which gave it pretty good climbing power. My biggest complaint is the noise. It is a lawn mower engine with a lawn mower muffler.. I plan to modify that. On a fairly smooth two track it is a blast to ride. On a steep rocky hill, not so much, but much better than walking. It had a fake gas tank to make it look like a motorcycle, so I took it off and made a rack in front of me to hold my pack. I made a spare gas can out of an old fire extinguisher, but I've never needed it. Lot of videos on You Tube to show you the modifications you can make. Of course I added a scabbard for my rifle or shotgun. Also LED lights instead of the big headlight. I added storage boxes, and better mud flaps. It isn't fast, but if you're hunting, you don't want fast. Top end with the big sprocket is 25 mph. If you're hunting high altitude (10,000 or up) you'd want to change the jet in the carburator. It works at 10,000, but with a noticable loss of power. It is rated for 200 lbs, so it wouldn't work for a big guy.
That's pretty cool

While it looks like a Rattle Trap made by a redneck in his garage ( I'm assuming it was isn't everything cool) it has a tremendous capacity in extreme Terrain. At this stage of the game they're quite proven off-road, but the issue is application not necessarily the tool.

I think a few posts back a fellow said if you got to drive down a gravel road for a long ways you'll lose your teeth, or at least it'll feel like one of the fury Brothers punched you in the kidneys. Best way I can describe what it was like to go through the bogs we took them through, is like trying to ride on the back of an angry noisy wheeled animal. It absolutely went places I didn't think it was possible, flip side was the miles of washboard gravel we had to ride after getting off the trail. For as amazing as it is on Trails you can hardly hike up it was as equally unimpressive in a straight line on a flat Gravel Road. That's no fault of the machine or it's design, my suggestion was merely if it's Gravel Road you want there's much better options.
I'm inclined to agree with you at this point. I'm hunting in a wilderness area with no off road motor vehicles.

I run a TW200, but it's mostly for access to shorten the hike in/out. I'll ride it up a trail to the wilderness boundary (maybe 10 miles?) then park it there and start hiking, often another 10 miles off. It really helps me get away from the crowds. I haven't had a problem with not being able to get up a hill due to power, as one other poster mentioned, but it's also not going to go fast. It's always hauled me, my gear and kill. I've also never tried to haul an elk on it. For that you could just take more than one trip, though, which we end up doing on foot most of the time anyhow. It's not great in snow - it's a motorcycle! As others mentioned, it's more about the application. I've also got a couple other bikes (KTM 500, DRZ400) and wouldn't even consider using them for hunting due to the very high seat height. Having an animal on there could be pretty awkward. Another good thing about the TW is that it's also useful in everyday life, so it's not just sitting in your garage when you're not out in the woods. I ride mine to work, around town, and just take it out trail riding with some buddies that also have TW's. I've also got an ebike I built that's way more powerful than any factory built bikes, and it's not even up for comparison to the TW - the TW is more useful in every situation for me, unless being quiet is the most important thing. But - to each their own and everyone finds what works for them and their application.

I don't know how old you are but I suspect you're still young enough to not be considering body comfort. When I was younger I used to walk in further than most hunters and willing to bone out whatever I got and carry multiple loads to get it out. As I hit my 50's I realized those days were gone when I ended up with a sore hip joint when back in a couple of miles & had a hell of a time getting out. That's when I bought a Polaris ATV. Since then I've aged further and sold the ATV & bought a 50 inch side by side (SxS)! I've found I'm able to do far more and go much further with the SxS than I could ever go with the ATV because the SxS is essentially able to go anywhere the ATV did -- and I'm not as tired because I'm not bending over the handlebars! You may have storage issues but you'll eventually be limited by age -- so keep that in mind! Plus my SxS has about a 150+ mile range!

Last edited:
Love my Rokon! it goes everywhere, yes it is a little rough but mine is a 2021 and has front suspension. My question is when your out in the back-country hunting how fast do you really need to go? Shoot I'm sure its faster than a horse, and for the person who wants a 50" wide 4 wheeler shoot your not getting back where I elk hunt with that rig.
20220823_191958558_iOS.jpg

Mines a 02 and its seen a lot of elk country.I went up a pretty steep sage brush ridge, took a couple tries, then put elk 1/4 on back. I never put weight on front. In bear pict My kid road in with me on back. I let him pull sled and I walked out, safer at 60 ,heh.Done a hundred hikes leave bike stashed, then walk off mtn bugling for elk, miles, and bike back.That is main way I use it.This my mobile hunting camp and can have bike easy on ba
IMG_1668.jpeg
ck of Jeep

Good Honest reply..... Much needed..... seems those who own them swear by them and not at them...... others who don't own and haven't ridden are pretty opinionated....

I don't know how old you are but I suspect you're still young enough to not be considering body comfort. When I was younger I used to walk in further than most hunters and willing to bone out whatever I got and carry multiple loads to get it out. As I hit my 50's I realized those days were gone when I ended up with a sore hip joint when back in a couple of miles & had a hell of a time getting out. That's when I bought a Polaris ATV. Since then I've aged further and sold the ATV & bought a 50 inch side by side (SxS)! I've found I'm able to do far more and go much further with the SxS than I could ever go with the ATV because the SxS is essentially able to go anywhere the ATV did -- and I'm not as tired because I'm not bending over the handlebars! You may have storage issues but you'll eventually be limited by age -- so keep that in mind! Plus my SxS has about a 150+ mile range!
Oh believe me I have hit my age limit. Good point about hanging over handlebars