Rocky or Danner

I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns that have 400gr Thinsolite IIRC. Once broken in, they became the most comfortable boots I own. Not too heavy and not too stiff. I use Snow Seal on them every year and have never had a leak. They are about 10 years old and only used for hunting. Age certainly hasn't hurt them.
I will echo this statement. I've had mine less than 10 years but they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned and still waterproof. I also clean, condition and store after hunting season.

I bought my first pair of Danner Pronghorns uninsulated at the first a the year for a hunt in Texas next year. Wanted to get them broken in for the hunt. I have only wore them for maybe 12 times and I don't think I have to get them broke in anymore. They are light and feels great to wear. I would go to some place that carries these boots to try them on. I bought the first pair from Cabelas at the size I usually wear (9.5) Way to tight. Went the next size bigger (10) and still to tight. It took the third pair to get where they fit. Ordered all 3 online. Luckily I live just under 2 hrs. from a Cabelas to take the first 2 pair back. After all that, I read somewhere that you need to get at least 2 sizes bigger than what you usually wear.

Jason

I've still got a pair of Danner Pronghorns with Thinsulate....some Shoo Goo redo on a heel maybe 5 years ago.....probably approaching 15 years old? The Sharptail full length snake boots have been fantastic in the FL swamps dry as a bone. Honestly they feel like slippers and are light enough I'd not cringe at an all day hike in them, but might opt for my old Pronghorn 8".

Thanks for y'all help. Decided on these. Fit and comfort were awesome.
Good choice. I've had those boots for 8 years, tromped all around the gulf coast from Matagorda to Calcasieu and never had a leak. 2nd on Sno-seal, treats and waterproofs the leather.

Not mountain boots for sure, but all the guys touting their favorite steep country boots haven't hunted deer in St. Martin Parish! 😆😆😆

Good choice. I've had those boots for 8 years, tromped all around the gulf coast from Matagorda to Calcasieu and never had a leak. 2nd on Sno-seal, treats and waterproofs the leather.

Not mountain boots for sure, but all the guys touting their favorite steep country boots haven't hunted deer in St. Martin Parish! 😆😆😆
You hunting in the swamp- just buy the white shrimpers boots 😄 or muck boots. Maybe even waders -- I never hunted while I was in LA, my company had property in Texas we used to go to hunt.

I lived in Youngsville but I worked offshore in the early 90's (offshore comercial hard hat diver/welder for oil industry) --- had to wear steel toe boots per company safety policy-- we would buy crappy walmart steel toe rubber boots, put good insoles in them and drill 1/2" holes in the sides near the bottom of the boot for drainage--- you could never keep your feet dry on deck of a boat so you might as well let them drain so you weren't sloshing around in them. Wore low cut steel toe lace up rubber boots (with the same holes) under water while diving.

I live in CO now and have 3 pair of danner's-- snake boot for early season plains, non insulated for early season mountains, and insulated for late season snow hunting.