Rings & Base

downsouth

I'm currently having a 7mm RUM built on a Remington Model 700 action with a lilja #5 contour barrel. I've also got a Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 that I'm going to install. I've been looking at the rings and bases for the scope, and was wondering if the Warne Tactical's would be alright, or if I should spend a little more money and get the Nightforce rings and bases? Also, do any of you guys have an idea on what height rings I should get? I plan on getting a 20 MOA base. Thanks.

sounds like a nice rig. The warnes are good from what I hear but a little "chunky" for my liking. I have leupolds PRW 30mm on my 4.5x14. They are rock soild and match the scope finish perectly. they are attacthed to a warne one peice weaver 20 moa base. It works well but the base rusts quickly. I beleive the PRWs are about $60-$70. much cheaper than NF. just my two pennies.

Good luck

My favorite rings and bases are Burris Dual dovetail and Signature rings. I think it is as strong as about any other mounting system. Protects your scope tube. Best of all it is the cheapest way to add MOA to your optics.

It has many positive benefits. The only negative is that it is more permanent than picatinny/weaver bases and rings. It will start to wear and get loose if you twist your rings in/out too often.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.