Rifle Weight

7lb carbon 25 creed? šŸ˜
YUUUP.jpg

And looking at the 284WIN & 7mmSAW and like what I see, with a 26"carbon, already got the rifle.

So the rifle in question the OP was about has been partially sold. At least the BA. And the stock is for sale as well. Stopped at a local shop today and found a Sako L61R Finnbear chambered in .270. The way I'm trading for the rifle, I'll have $600 in it, which from looking at the prices of those things, that's a steal. Am I correct on my thoughts on that?

Keep that for steel and varmints. Sounds like a great steel build.

I carried around 13-16# rifles for years. Now, I carrry 9-11# rifles, and would never go back for a hunting rifle.
I have to agree with Lance here 9-11 is my sweet spot. I'm still young (read as "dumb") enough to think I can carry heavier guns around but I'm slowly getting away from that the more I have to PT to keep my back in working order.

Yes, my thoughts are rifle need first then adjust my total weight to accommodate the total weight. Totally agree there is a difference between 10 and 15 lb rifles. My thoughts are I won't prob go below 10 to save lbs to a 6.5lb rifle. I don't consider 10 as a "lightweight" rifle though maybe to my 12's prob so.
If you hit the edit button Muddy....I think you can fix this ^^^^ so someone can understand it!!!!!!! šŸ˜‚

@Reelamin stated the real point to carry is pure ergonomics. We spend $$$$ on all sorts of gear but there are lots of really good options to carry rifles easier with less stress on your body. I use my Badlands to carry rifle most of the time and takes very little effort to release it from pack.

But if another rifle is the "game" and it happens to be lighter, why not? Always can use another rifle.
I was unsure so I looked back. I dont see where I posted ever the "real point to carry is PURE ergonomics", and that may be just my view of what I posted. I will try again jst to help clarify what I intended to post. I wanted to say there are a lot of factors for me to consider in a rifle besides just the PURE WEIGHT alone such as ERGONOMICS, and how they (ALL FACTORS) affect my ability to use a rifle in all hunting situations. . I hope it helps clarify for those I confused.

My 28N is barely over six bare rifle and with a 5 port muzzle brakes and more it is less than a 22-250. So with a good brake I would say it would feel about like a 243. Easy shooting I'd bet, and take the brake off your cutting your eyebrow real fast.
I wish I could shoot thatā€¦

My 300 WSM is 10.5 lbs and has an MBM brakeā€¦.still kicks pretty good.