Rifle/cartridge choice for daughter

I loaded up some 139 gr interlocks with 42 gr of varget. 10 shots at 100 yards. Just over 2 inch worst to worst. Best 8, 1.75. Take any 3 and you could cover with a quarter. Lots of guys would lie and throw out the outliers and call it a sub moa for 3. Group had some vertical stringing. Probably due to the flimsy stock. I'm not sure sure I can shoot much better with 2-7x32 and all factory $300 compact gun.

I couldn't find a new battery for my chrono. I'm going to shoot an interlock and interbond over it.

I thought it was interesting that Lee, Nosler and Hodgen all go to 43.5 gr max with a 139 gr bullet, but max out at 42.2 with a 140 gr. That is why I stayed at 42. I am thinking I will end up getting some 140 Partitions.
139 Interlock has a shorter bearing surface

I haven't gone back and read thru all of the posts…..but, I did just think of a cartridge that may be worth considering, if not stretching the shots too far.

Components should be fairly obtainable, according to many it kills with authority, light to moderate recoil, and reports are it's pretty accurate…..the .338 Federal!

The only real negative that I can see is it's limited availability in many factory rifles! memtb

What ever she likes—if she likes the 7-08…it will work. 270 killed a lot of elk—and the 35 whelen is a hammer..7mm mag needs no explanation—all good choices—find what she likes—and get after it. Sounds like she needs a good LH rifle dad! Get to looking. 😁

Just to add to memtb my wife and daughter use a 338 federal a good bit and really like it…it's a great low recoil option.

7-08 would be my choice. Shoot 120 ttsx or lighter hammer and it will be awesome at the distance you want hunt.
7-08 is one of my all time favourite cartridges.