.30 TC for bison bullet choice

tnolly

I have a .30 TC that is my only big game rifle. Looking at a possible bison hunt in the fall. I need to load my own ammo because I'm the moron who bought a 30tc. What lead free bullet would you guys load for a bison hunt? I would also use it for elk in the fall.

I have a .30 TC that is my only big game rifle. Looking at a possible bison hunt in the fall. I need to load my own ammo because I'm the moron who bought a 30tc. What lead free bullet would you guys load for a bison hunt? I would also use it for elk in the fall.

Are all Hammer bullets lead free?

This wouldn't happen to be the one in Arizona would it?

Also yes they are lead free and California compliant as well.

Yep, I'm going to put in for the Grand Canyon bison hunt. I figured I'd get ahead of the ammo issue and find some bullets.

you will be hard pressed to find a better bullet, than one of the hammer choices very easy load development and a tremendous killing bullet and customer support is second to none

Also, forgive my novice hood, but hammer states the minimum twist rate is 1-12.5 for their 166 gr shock hammers. My barrel is 1-12. Because this is faster than 12.5, does this mean they would be acceptable to use?

Also, forgive my novice hood, but hammer states the minimum twist rate is 1-12.5 for their 166 gr shock hammers. My barrel is 1-12. Because this is faster than 12.5, does this mean they would be acceptable to use?
Yes your extra stability is a good thing. Your barrel being a 12" twist would disqualify the 181g Shock Hammer. Pretty well cements my thoughts on the 166g Shock Hammer.