Rifle Build Almost Done!

NW Hunter

Due to some very saavy advise over the months from this forum, I am having Jon Beagle Rifles in Ridgefield, WA put together my 300 WM.

Build Components...

Remington blueprinted action, Holland recoil lug, Bartlein 5R barrel with a 11.25" twist in a 24" length, Jewel trigger, B&C Medalist stock pillar bedded with action at rest and skim bedded, Talley Lightweight mounts with 8-40 screws and a Sightron II Big Sky 4-16x42.

The barrel size is .30 thousands oversize from the measurements of my original Magnum Sporter barrel and will be topped off with a Holland Brake turned down to .15 thousands over muzzle diameter.

The chamber will be throated at a 3 degree angle to mate up with 190 gr Bergers. Jon says the rifle will still shoot other bullets well.

I'm also having.

Jon Cera-kote the action, barrel , detachable clips and bolt Matte Black. Should look good with Black Spiderweb stock.

All components used were picked to make this a hunting rifle to 800 yards and as far as I can hit at distances beyond that for target shooting.
:D
Man... I'm PUMPED! Thanks to all!gun)

Nice list. Well thought out. But why such a long twist? eleven and a quarter? I see youve talked to Berger already, but on the very off chance your rifle doesnt like Bergers, will the eleven and a quarter twist work with whatever your backup bullet selection is?
Congrats on the build, I look forward to seeing some pics!

Nice list of components, enjoy the build. Don't forget pics...

Winmag makes a good point. Brings to mindsome that some built a rifle just for the Berger 300 and some are pretty teed off now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.