Revic BLR 10b vs Sig Kilo 10k

I have owned both. I went through a significant amount of research and wound up with the Sigs initially. The glass is just this side of garbage. After a couple seasons of getting headaches from days on end of glassing it finally dawned on me that it was the glass in those binos giving me those headaches.
I picked up a pair of the Revics about half way through hunting season and have been able to use them extensively. The glass is leaps and bounds better than the Sigs. No eye fatigue to speak of, the glass isn't Alpha glass but **** it's close and comparable to the glass in my ATACRs.
Entering the ballistic profiles are a bit extensive but they are extremely accurate given the proper input.
Currently, my vote goes to the Revic, but you might see what crawls out of the shot show in a couple weeks before buying.

I have had all 3 Sigs, Revic , and Vortex. Sigs #1 quick and super acc. #2 Vortex better glass than the Sigs and pretty much same glass as Revic. The disadvantage of the Revic and the only reason I rate them last is if you want to shoot past a 1000 you have to do a 2nd profile for the same rifle.
the others you don't. Also on the Sigs you can go in your app and fine tune the laser. no more trying to figure out is it hi or low or better on one side or the other of the aiming point. (Small but Huge advantage)
That's the first time I have heard about a 2nd profile for shooting over a thousand yards with the Revic along with glass being the same as Vortex. Every review I have read was the glass is just under the Leica which is much better than Vortex.

Revic makes quality products. I haven't had much interaction with them, but I have used the KILO and I have 0 complaints. Great glass great features. Are they the best in glass and features? Probably not, but are they good enough for me to use all day at a match? Yep. I would buy them again if I had to.

I bought a pair of 10K's when they first came out. The ranging and ballistic outputs were great but I sold them before I ever hunted with them. The glass was so blue that they are basically unusable for any serious glassing.

I bought the Revic's last summer and used them all fall. The glass isn't as good as my first gen Swarovski EL but it's plenty usable and the ballistics have been spot on. Ranging and ballistic outputs are extremely fast. I tend to trade gear a lot until I find what works for me and I'll be sticking with these for a while.

And I don't know what these guys are talking about when they say you need a second profile for shooting over 1000 yards. Using the Revics, I made kills this season at 820, 840, 1050 and 1320 yards. My wife also killed a bull at 300 using my rifle. All using one profile in the Revic.

I have no experience with the Revic. But I just purchased a Kilo 10k a couple months back. The only way I notice a color hue is if I specifically look for it. One of the best purchases I've made for hunting/shooting.
Totally agree. It's really hard to explain how good these things are until you actually use them.

It does have a greenish hue over the image but I don't find that it interferes with discerning say an elk at 2,500 yards. My understanding is that tint is there for the laser range finder.

I think the new model is supposed to incorporate their image stabilization technology. I was just on a hunt in Oregon and my guide had their image stabilized binos and it was extremely good. It made all the difference out at further ranges.

One very important design capability that never seems to be discussed under "capabilities" is beam design. Beam design determines whether you are ranging the hill in front of the game or the hill behind the game. What's your confidence that you are ranging what you think you're ranging? Sure you can range to 3000 yds, but if it's ranging something besides the game you're aiming at, who cares. If the optics has a large vertical beam design, you won't know. It's like aiming at a small bullseye that is obstructed by a thick crosshair. You don't know if you're really holding in the middle of the bullseye. You're just guessing and hoping.

I read that the Revic has spent a lot of time perfecting a solution to this beam shape problem. They have narrowed the vertical component of their beam and have added software allowing the hunter to filter out close or far objects that may end up in the beam. These two design elements help make sure the Revic is measuring the elk and not a hill, bush, rock, etc in front of the elk or behind it.

I don't like having multiple rifle ballistics in my rangefinder. It's just one more thing to screwup when rushing a measurement. I'd rather have the other rifle profiles in my phone and take a few seconds to load it in the rangefinder when I pick up another rifle. Having only one rifle in the rangefinder and extra rifle profiles in my phone uncomplicates things and reduces the chance of selecting the wrong rifle profile.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your input on these binos. I am looking to replace my Leica 10x42s soon.
Leaning toward the Leica10x32 pros with Applied Ballistics because that is what I have in my Kestrel. My question is when comparing binos why is only performance is considered. No one mentions the warranty. I think the warranty on the Revics is 2 yrs on electronics and 5 yrs on the binos. I know they make great products but seems to be a game changer for me. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Leica, in my opinion is the best overall. You really have 5 players in the RF Bino game. Swaro, Leica, Revic, Sig, and Vortex. If you want the best overall combination of great glass and an excellent shooting solution, you cannot go wrong with European glass and Applied Ballistics together. No one else has that combination other than Leica. Just my two cents for what it's worth.

I've used a Leica Geovid 10x42B (not the new AB+) for a few years and my only complaint is it will range to objects closer than my target like hills, etc. I practice shooting and ranging on a 100-1200 yd shooting range. Past 800 yds, I have to hold the aiming circle on the top half of the steel target or it will range to the hill at 600 yds in front of it. If I hadn't practiced on a known distance steel target range, I wouldn't have known it was improperly ranging on closer objects than my target. The Leica clarity and brightness of the glass is better than my Swarovski 10x42 binoculars IMHO. When I use the Leicas, it's like someone is shining a flood light on the target, it's so bright. My buddies always comment, wow, when they look through them. Never used a Revic, but I sure like the reviews especially with the beam shaping and far/near software so you have confidence you're actually measuring what you think you're measuring.

Last edited:
This is a good thread. I am in the market as well and will be going with Leica. For my use the best glass with ranging and ballistic solutions is Leica. Got to find the game before anything else matters and I don't lug along spotters so glass quality in my bino's is the top consideration. For hunting ranging at 5000 yards doesn't matter and I have trusted AB for ballistic solutions for years and have the utmost confidence in that ballistic engine.