Sig kilo bdx vs kestrel

Nebraskaelk92

I have the exact same ballistic data entered into both for my 300 prc and they give me different hold values. Has anyone experienced this?

How much of a difference is there? All kinds of things could make a them spit out different data. What model sig and what model kestrel do you have? They are not all created equal.
My Sig KILO2400ABS and my Kestrel 5700 Elite are really close, usually a "click" here and there apart.

I have a kilo 3000 binoculars and a kestrel 5700 ballistic. I was shooting at 775 yards and there was a .75 moa difference between the two, which I realize isn't a lot but its almost 6 inches.

There could be several things going on, some bad input somewhere (like not capturing current conditions) or one of the units had a hiccup of sorts. I would take them outside and do my due diligence to make sure things were 100% correct with input, let them acclimate and run them side by side again.
Did one give you correct data?

Do you have them paired with Bluetooth, or running them separate for comparisons? Keep in mind that the KILO3000 binos only use the Applied Ballistics Ultralite calculator, which I'm not positive, but most likely is missing aerodynamic cross wind jump, coriolis, and spin drift calculations which would affect the final solution.

Recent Posts