Return of the 162 Amax

NWmissouriman

I've just heard that Hornady is starting to produce and distribute the 162 Amax again. You can now backorder them from Midway and on the Hornady website they are no longer listed as "Temporarily Suspended". I'm not sure how long before they will hit the shelves, but it should be fairly soon. I guess everyone's complaints about them suspending them have paid off. I was a part of that crowd and I say thanks to all who were also a part of that group of people. I just thought I'd pass along the information I knew.

Had nothing to do with complaining. They will make one run a year until the market settles down. A lot of the production has to do with timing of hunting season and then competitions season. I shoot the 105 and the 162 gr and will be happy to see them back on the shelf. Hopefully a handful of shooters will not try to hog all the bullets when they arrive at the stores.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.