Retired professional firefighter

Charles Manetta

Hi Guys! (Meaning everyone!)

I really don't know how I ended up here on your forums, but I have apparently signed up to be on your mail list somewhere. Maybe Buckmasters? Anyhow I am a 66 year old great grandfather from Miami, Florida and grew up hunting in the Everglades. Now that the Tree huggers and Federal entities have reintroduced the Texas Cougar here now, we no longer have anything on 4 legs to shoot at, I have taken my hunting out of state. Before that I was starting to play around with shooting my AR-15 and My Winchester .338 Magnum at a 500 yard range down here. I ended up qualifying with both of them. Then I went hunting in South Carolina and one of the other hunters has a rifle that I had never heard of, a Christianson 6.5 Creedmoor. I fell in love with it and ended up buying the Long Range Mesa. (That's a whole another story)

After practicing at the range it helped me shoot a doe in the neck at 240 yards. The outfitter was getting lazy and had too many misses, so he said to shoot them in the neck and either they will drop in their tracks or it will be a clean kill. So I had a chance and I was loosing the light and I let my "Little Mule" kick (the .338 Winchester Magnum) and ruined that does day.

Being retired I don't do much, but somehow I seem to keep busy every day. Now I can't wait until next season and maybe a powerline clearcut! :)

So my friends call me Chuck and I hope to make some here. Thank you for your time.

Welcome from Virginia.
I am in your age bracket and have enjoyed this forum.

deepwater

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.