reticle opinions....

Holmes

Greetings,

I am sending a T-16 to Bill Ackerman for blueprinting and I am considering a reticle change as well.

The current reticle is the standard duplex. I have used the fine cross hairs with a V-16 previously and had no complaints.

The rifle is a M-700 25/06 and is currently being fitted with a 27" Lilja. The primary use for the arm is varmints and antelope out to 600 or 700 yards. I use a Leica LRF rangefinder.

I would be interested in your comments regarding different reticle styles for this kind of application.

Regards,

~Holmes

Holmes,

I'm not sure if you're asking about just Weaver reticles, or reticles in general...

Anyhow, I have been comparing my long range shooting successes out to 600 yards using NightForce's NP-R2 reticle (graduated 2 MOA vertically and 5 MOA horizontally) with standard duplex reticles.

I'm not finished testing yet, but at this point IMHO using a graduated, stationary (no clicks for elevation) reticle like the NP-R2 is a whole lot easier and more accurate than knob twisting...

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.