Replacing Remington 700 Trigger

MT257

I am wondering if there is much difference in the Timmney trigger and the Rifle Basix trigger? Also, is this job one that can easily be done with out a gunsmith. I know you can find almost anything on youtube now.

I replaced 3 of my 700's with Jewells. Timneys go in the same way. If I can, anyone can. Yes, you tube definitely helps....

MT, I've had great success with the Timneys. There is also the Timney Elite trigger for about $80 more than the standard which is supposed to wear longer. They are easy to install and yes, the YouTube demos are very helpful if you've never done the install before. With a phone call you can order them and get the pull weight set to your own preference. Good luck

I've never used an aftermarket trigger so I have yet to have a preference. I have seen a timmney, that trigger was also in a 700 it seemed mighty wide is that generally hoe they are or can you get thinner. Are they adjustable after receiving them from timmney.

MT257,

Yes, the triggers are adjustable even after you get them from Timney. I was kind of worried about the wide trigger also until I shot mine. It turns out I like it better then a thin trigger. I get a more even straight back pull with the wider trigger but that's just me. Good luck with your choice.

I bought a new Timney and it came with the wide trigger pad. I called Timney and they advised they could change out it with a factory wide pad. I sent it in and they charged me $5 shipping. Love the trigger with the factory width pad.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.