Replacing a M700 bolt body ?

Kalashnikov

I had my M700 LA bolt handle skeletonized and bolt body fluted. I really like the skeletonized bolt handle, but am not happy with the bolt body fluting. Can I replace the bolt body and start again ? Or do I have to replace the entire bolt ? Are entire bolts readily available ?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

you might run into a head space problem i tried t replace a stock bolt with one that i had fluted and it was way off on the head space. check e bay i have seen quite a few bolts on there alot of pele stre there guns without the bolt in it andsomeone steals the gun and people are left with only a bolt.

Pacific Tool& Gauge sell's Rem 700 bolts. I don't know if they are custom to your specs, but I've read you can get them w/coned bolt head, claw extractor.

For what your gonna pay to have a used Rem bolt fitted and butchered you would be much better off getting a bolt from Pacific Tool and Guage.

I got one for my 260 build , it was ordered to fit the action which was fully blue printed and the bolt race ways reamed to be uniform and true , came with a Sako extractor and a custom bolt handel tig welded to the bolt and the smith did a great job fluting the bolt also. I'm not 100% sure on the cost but I'm thinking its about $200. But think about it a factory bolt is gonna cost $125 minimum and the fitting and machining is gonna cost at least another $100 and you still have a factory bolt , might as well have a custom bolt fitted and have the benifits of the WAY better fit.
Oh my smith was Nathen Dagley , his web link is in the box below.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.