Replacing a M700 bolt body ?

Kalashnikov

I had my M700 LA bolt handle skeletonized and bolt body fluted. I really like the skeletonized bolt handle, but am not happy with the bolt body fluting. Can I replace the bolt body and start again ? Or do I have to replace the entire bolt ? Are entire bolts readily available ?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

mike_l

you might run into a head space problem i tried t replace a stock bolt with one that i had fluted and it was way off on the head space. check e bay i have seen quite a few bolts on there alot of pele stre there guns without the bolt in it andsomeone steals the gun and people are left with only a bolt.

Flybuster

Pacific Tool& Gauge sell's Rem 700 bolts. I don't know if they are custom to your specs, but I've read you can get them w/coned bolt head, claw extractor.

James Jones

For what your gonna pay to have a used Rem bolt fitted and butchered you would be much better off getting a bolt from Pacific Tool and Guage.

I got one for my 260 build , it was ordered to fit the action which was fully blue printed and the bolt race ways reamed to be uniform and true , came with a Sako extractor and a custom bolt handel tig welded to the bolt and the smith did a great job fluting the bolt also. I'm not 100% sure on the cost but I'm thinking its about $200. But think about it a factory bolt is gonna cost $125 minimum and the fitting and machining is gonna cost at least another $100 and you still have a factory bolt , might as well have a custom bolt fitted and have the benifits of the WAY better fit.
Oh my smith was Nathen Dagley , his web link is in the box below.

Trending threads