Remmington rolling block

spdcrazy

Man, where to start.

My father has passed down several unique rifles to me in the past but this one blew my mind. Back in the early 70s he bought a remmington rolling block and over the years built it to this odd bird. It was a 7mm Mauser rifle, which from what I read can use a 257 Roberts cartridge. So he rebarrelled it to it. Had a stock built from scratch with a high cheek piece so a scope could be fitted. He also had the action modified to be used for us leftys. And had the rolling bits of the action jewelled. It has an odd longer than normal scope, however it looks to be a Weaver 3x9 just with some extra length. Not like the original 2ft long tube scopes. The scope mount seems to be a hack job tho, so I'm having a gunsmith look at it today for options. I'm over the moon with this new piece but a but nervous on what the Smith says for condition over all. It shoots and has been kept clean and dry, everything cycles smoothly and minimal pitting on the action. Kind of like going to the dentist, I suppose. Anyways. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. Prob tonight during my night shift.

thanks guys! i'm very excited. took this to my gunsmith today, since the scope mount was messed up. putting a redfield base on it, and changing to a 3x9 tasco scope. should be fine for the rifle, the old weaver wouldn't adjust anymore

i'm hoping he can lighten the trigger as its so heavy you can't keep you crosshairs on the target to squeeze one off!

I think i'll take this rifle hog hunting in two weeks. still figuring out what rifles i want to use.

also having my grandfathers old marlin 30-30 level action restored a bit, the stock is cracked and falling apart, and the hard sights need some love. gunsmith will bring it back to life, I expect my big brother will use this on the hog hunt as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.