Remington SPS

BCinKS

Anyone here have a SPS?Hows the accuracy?I have a chance to get one in 25/06,just wondering how they shoot!

I have a Remington 700 SPS in Stainless in 300 Win Mag and no regrets buying it. I'm shooting about a little under 1 inch groups at 100 yards. But when I get a muzzle brake I think those groups are going to shrink. But for now I'm going to live with it, as this being my first LR rig. If you can get it at a decent price I would say go for it.

They are a good rifle for the buck. They don't have the same trigger as the CDL or BDL and the stock is pretty cheasy, but they are a decent rifle.

I have the SPS Varminter in .308 the stock is cheezy as said before however the thing shot under .75 @ 100 yards out of the box. I changed the stock and did a Tubbs final finish it's now under .5 @ 100yards. When I shoot the barrell out of it I'll have it trued and re barreled, but as it is I couldn't be much happier.

Good Luck
bshaw

With trigger work and reloads with what it likes, I"m sure you'll have no trouble getting .5-.75" at 100 yards with it. THe 25-06 is an easy caliber to get to shoot well. Its also a great 600 yard antelope and deer caliber without the excessive kick and blast.

I'd say definately buy it if thats what you want caliber wise. The 700 is a dandy action/rifle and when you shoot the barrel out, you have a great platform to screw on a custom barrel to whatever caliber suits your fancy.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.