Remington Question

BoomFlop

I have a Remington 700 Mountain Rifle with factory detachable mag. My question is can I replace the factory magazine with a H-S Precision DM or others and have the feed rails be correct?

I'm looking for a different stock other than the wood stock with a mountain rifle barrel channel and that is not available with a factory mag inlet.

Hope my question makes sense.

Thanks
Steve

If you're asking about replacing the stock and having the Detachable Box Magazine work, then generally yes. You may need to use a different magazine for the bottom metal.

That's an awesome looking deer in your picture. I would call that a Mule Deer based on the antlers, but is that right? You might have other types of deer in WI beside Whitetail. ;-)

I am actually willing to skip the factory mag to be able to get a different stock. My question is, are the feed rails on a factory detachable mag the same required for aftermarket detachable mags? Basically can I buy a H-S Precision stock and Detachable mag and have it work with my action?

That is a whitetail. We called him "The Freak". I hunted him for 11 days straight, all day sits in temperatures as low as 12 degrees without wind chills. Had 1 other encounter with him, and finally got my chance at 18 yards. He was 23.5" inside (even with messed up side) and is one of my better bucks. Have a house full of big deer taken with a bow. He is by far my most unique however.

Thanks
Steve

I am actually willing to skip the factory mag to be able to get a different stock. My question is, are the feed rails on a factory detachable mag the same required for aftermarket detachable mags? Basically can I buy a H-S Precision stock and Detachable mag and have it work with my action?

That is a whitetail. We called him "The Freak". I hunted him for 11 days straight, all day sits in temperatures as low as 12 degrees without wind chills. Had 1 other encounter with him, and finally got my chance at 18 yards. He was 23.5" inside (even with messed up side) and is one of my better bucks. Have a house full of big deer taken with a bow. He is by far my most unique however.

Thanks
Steve
That's an old deer and a beauty! I use to be a yooper

He was different from any of the other 20+ big whitetails I have that is for sure.

Here he is while my taxidermist was finishing him up:

29asojs.png

A Yooper, why did ya leave?

Have a great day!
Steve

A lot of times an injury will make an antler not grow to match the other side....doesnt take a lot of injury either...busted legs are very traumatic to antler growth....in this case he really looks old....like most of us with bone spurs, ligament damages, balding.....and such.....remember the good ol' days.........i don't.......

I have bear hunted Idaho in the past. 86% color phase state and I shoot a 7' black bear....lol, that's my luck!

s2fd5z.jpg

I could use your help on some reloading questions and bullet questions. If you haven't guessed it, I'm a bow hunter and know that game like the back of my hand, but not firearms.

Steve

I have bear hunted Idaho in the past. 86% color phase state and I shoot a 7' black bear....lol, that's my luck!

s2fd5z.jpg

I could use your help on some reloading questions and bullet questions. If you haven't guessed it, I'm a bow hunter and know that game like the back of my hand, but not firearms.

Steve
Fire away or p m me Steve

My neighbor had 5 years worth of sheds from him and he figured he was at least 2.5-3.5 based on the first set of sheds he found, he has always been like that. I contacted him, as I have 5 hours of Recoynx video and a lot of trail camera pictures of him. I was considering passing him if there was a chance he would grow out of it, but my neighbor told me that, I decided it was time to hunt this buck.

LOL, this gun question turned into alum avatar buck. Haha.

Thanks all,
Steve

I have a Remington 700 Mountain Rifle with factory detachable mag. My question is can I replace the factory magazine with a H-S Precision DM or others and have the feed rails be correct?

I'm looking for a different stock other than the wood stock with a mountain rifle barrel channel and that is not available with a factory mag inlet.

Thanks
Steve
I likewise have a Rem mountain rifle with a plastic facto

Thanks
Steve
I likewise have a Rem mountain rifle with a plastic factory stock. Can anyone recommend a drop in replacement stock? I'd use the factory magazine, but it limits COL and it would be nice to be able to seat the bullet out farther. I have no experience with this.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.