Remington model 7 build

Tnsavage

I just purchased a Remington model 7 LSS a couple months ago with the plan of building something nice with it. Ive never built a rifle before and know little about it but I do know it can get very expensive. What do you guys recommend doing to the action as far as having it blue printed or anything like that to get the most accuracy. If this process isn't needed id rather not do it cause by the time you have this done you can buy a custom action for the money you have in it unless you guys know where I can get it done cheaper. I plan on having a custom barrel installed and a h.s. precision stock bedded for it. Who would you guys recommend for the job?

I build a lot customers model 7s into customs. Though the Stocks and HS Precision stocks are very nice the are heavy and defeat the purpose of using a model 7 for a build. I prefer the McMillian BDL in Edge technology. Stiff and light. The model 7 is a great platform for 22-250 through the 338 Federal. I prefer the 243, 260, 7mm/08, and 308. Adding a Jewell trigger, Evolution Gun Works bases and Tactical Precision Rings makes a great combination.

I bought a Model Seven and a PTG one piece bolt. I'm going to have the receiver reamed to fit the bolt as well as the lugs, bolt face, and threads trued. I'm getting all new stuff to go inside the bolt. I don't know if that's needed but that is what I'm having done.

I also have a new Krieger #1 contour 6.5 mm barrel and a Brown Precision Model Seven KS stock blank.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.