remington model 7 270 wsm ejection

robsshooter

I have a rem model 7 270 wsm it doesnt like to eject spent cases or loaded cases sometimes it pulls them back you can see the extractor has hold of the case and it is riding the side of the action sometimes it will eject it fine sometimes it just drops it it has a m16 extractor already installed dont know why it does this dont use it for dagererous game hunting for sure and dont mind picking up spent cases what would cause this

If it had an M16 extractor someone installed that after market. They may at the same time took a little off the ejector spring. Or the hole that the ejector is in is dirty with gummed up oil. Take out the ejector and clean the hole with brake cleaner. Put it back together and try it. If it's still slugish put in a new spring.
Shep

yes i had the m16 extractor installed it has done done this ever sinc new i am the original owner bought it way back i dont think think the spring has been shortend it seems pretty strong when you push in on it may need to cleaned i have heard of some polishing the ejection port opening not sure how to do that it is pretty much factory gun other than the extractor change the factory exractor broke gunsmith sent it off to have m16 installed

Does this rifle shoot below 1/2 MOA? If not, I wouldn't fret too much about it. It is a light, mountain carry rifle. My 270 WSM shoots 1/3 MOA consistently. And it is light, but not as light as your Remington 7. I guess you can't expect any rifle to violate the laws of physics, unless it does, then I say get it fixed.

it does shoot real good with reloads 140 gr bullets with imr 4350 for a hunting rifle just was wandering but not really a big deal i just like for things to work like they should

If its extracting properly, as Shep said, check the ejector spring and make certain the bore of the ejector pin is clean and the pin is sliding smoothly. Had a Remington 700 that would occasionally spin the spent case 180 degrees in the action and the next round would wedge under it when rapidly cycling the bolt. When I had it rebarreled, I told my smith about it. He gave the ejector a little more "punch" (along with a new extractor at my request) and now it "slings" the brass better than ever.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.