REMINGTON J bolt

New J Bolt vs. old J Bolt or older regular bolt??

Older regular bolt assembly has different main spring which does not drag on the inside of the bolt body like the
J bolt mainspring does. The older bolt shroud does not have the hole drilled where the J bolt wart is located.

The guys at Brownell's told me the J bolt firing pin assembly can be replaced with the old style firing pin assembly with no problems. I have switched some of mine out successfully.

Also, I believe the J bolt firing pin assembly can be replaced by aftermarket parts.

Jim
Jim

The Remington "J-Lock" on there bolt was the worst idea ever (next to Hillary and politic's). the good news is that the J-Lock is an easy fix, you can buy a new assembly (firing pin, spring ,bolt shroud) from Gre-tan, darrell Holland,Sinclair,Midway and others. very easy swap.
UB

Don't think so--the J Lock guns came with two green "key like" devices to lock/unlock the J Lock. The J Lock is a small (about 5/32 in. dia.) plastic fitting located on the left side of the bolt shroud. Very obvious, even on casual inspection.

Jim

thanks Jim, just haven't seen any of these in Wyoming yet...

maybe make there way out here in 10 to 20 years like everything else.... LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SenderoMan, here is the ever popular j lock and keys Jims referring to.
MVC-011S.JPG

Hey if there in SD, they must be on there way here too.... LOL thanks for the pics... I have seen these, just had a Blond moment.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.