Remington bolt missing.

Agunner012

Sorry guys, not sure where to post this, and sure could use some help:

I need a bolt for a SS RH Sendero 300 RUM. My bolt was stolen at the range.
I contacted Remington and they need to have the gun shipped back to them to fit it. After reading all the horrors of sending the rifle back to Remington I would like to know if there is any other way of getting a bolt! My father is still mad as hell.

Andrew

The factory is the best and cheapest option--they will just run bolts thru it until one headspaces correctly.

Also--the last four digits of your serial number would be engraved on the bolt--post a bulletin at the range for people to look for a bolt with that number with a reward--also stop by the range often and check bolts, then get lisence plate numbers if you happen to find it but dont want to make a scene--I'd get that b@st@rd back!
smile.gif

good luck

JB

It happened to me too. I tried sending the rifle back to Remington and they refused to fit a new bolt unless they replaced my custom barrel with a factory tube and reset my trigger. They even refused to return my custom barrel, stating that they will only make the swap as a "trade in".
So I have to loose my custom barrel - get a barrel that I won't use - get my trigger ruined and have to pay for all of this in addition to the cost of installing the bolt.
mad.gif

Here is what I had to do: I convinced my local gun dealer to sell me the SS bolt out of a new rifle. I got my rifle back from Remington and sent it, along with the new bolt, to my gunsmith who fitted it. The dealer sent the new (boltless) rifle back to Remington who quickly fit a replacement bolt.

Cost me alot of time and money. Fortunately, there does seeem to be a few bolts around now that I couldn't find at the time.

Remington customer service SUCKS!
VH

There are no modifications to the rifle other than some trigger work (which Remington will undo and charge for it). I have read dozens of Remington Horror stories. I thought a gunsmith might be able to order and fit a bolt, and not have the Remington Hassle.

If I had the money and could convince my father to re-barrel the rifle maybe I could have a smith do the complete job.

Dad is not a happy camper right now.

Andrew

[ 02-16-2004: Message edited by: Agunner012 ]

PPG ( Dave Kiff )in Oregon make after market bolt ( with option as flutted , sako extractor , cone bolt ... ) very nice stuff and bigger improvement is oversize body diameter to fit loosy Rem receiver

phone 541 826 5808 ( pacific Time )

Good shooting

DAN TEC

i placed a call to rw hart and they do NOT have bolts for sale-as i stated in a previous post GA precision has bolts for sale-this i am 100% sure of as i have spoken to chris about it-dave

A gunsmith up here has bolts. He said he sent a customers gun in a couple years ago and had them fit 7 bolts up for it at once. He does this for all the actions Rem has, RH and LH LA, RH and LH SA...

I think he paid $250 or something like that for each of them. They won't sell a bolt without headspacing it on the rifle though. And they will replace your trigger, and I've heard you'll get a J-Lock wart on the bolt as a bonus too!

Send it in with a factory set trigger, or be prepared to readjust and fix it again!

I'd call Dave Kiff and get one from him if he has tighter bolts. I forgot who it was that had the custom bolts and offered fluting, M70 style shrouds and all that as well as other options, it had to have been Dave. Thanks a million Dantec!!
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.