Remington 700's

Rem700

I was on Remington's website and noticed that a new trend is rising in remmy's varmint and heavy barrel rifles. They're adding cartridges that people really want (at least what i would like). Remington has dropped the .17 fireball in all but one rifle and only 5 rifles are chambered in .204! As a shocker to me they added 3 rifles in .243 win and 7 in .308, I was gettin tired of the same .22 cal or smaller rounds only being chambered in their rifles. Now if they would limit the amount rifles with cheap plastic stocks and chamber some of the new cartridges out we'd have something going.

yeah . a 6.5-284 sendero would be nice. 1-8.5 twist. also the same only a short action in 243.

I wish that Rem would get rid of those tupperware stocks as well. I don't mind the synthetic, but make it so that a bedding agent can adhere to it. Also if your going to hollow it out for weight issues, add enough reinforcement to it so the stock is rigid. I like the fact that they are beginning to add more of a variety to their caliber offerings. I think that a 6.5x284 would be a great round in their Sendero as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.