Remington 700 Sendero

Your tight budget comment has me weakening. I have a new Sendaro SS barrel in 25-06 which I was going to rechamber to 257 Weatherby. I borescoped it and it is in excellent shape.

I will sell it to you for what I paid, $150 shipping included. You might even get lucky and have it headspace correctly. This has happened quite a few times with my friends and myself when putting on Rem takeoffs.

If you are interested just say something here and we will work out the details privately.

Ross
Sendero SF .25-06 barrel? If the OP doesn't want it, I'd be interested in it. How many rounds down the tube?

Lets give Quigley257 a chance to respond, if he doesn't want it I'll sell it to you, Mudrunner.
It doesn't appear to have been fired very much. The typical ring of cracking at the entrance to the chamber looks like only a few rounds have gone through it. The lands are very clean and sharp. All viewed through a Hawkeye borescope.

Your tight budget comment has me weakening. I have a new Sendaro SS barrel in 25-06 which I was going to rechamber to 257 Weatherby. I borescoped it and it is in excellent shape.

I will sell it to you for what I paid, $150 shipping included. You might even get lucky and have it headspace correctly. This has happened quite a few times with my friends and myself when putting on Rem takeoffs.

If you are interested just say something here and we will work out the details privately.

Ross

That seems a very generous offer as well as keeping my 25-06 accessories in business for some time more. I will PM you tomorrow when I get some time. Thanks!! -quigley

if you love the .25-06, then i'd say have someone rebarrel it with an identical barrel, chambered in .25-06 ackley improved 40*, and get a little bit extra out of the case.

Or, if you want a larger diameter bullet, the .280 ackley improved is a phenomenal cartridge, that also uses the .470 bolt face. The ballistics can fall around 100 fps shy of a 7mm remmag. Which is outstanding. Alot of people overlook the .280 ai for a big magnum caliber, but i can assure you, it is an outstanding round. I've been researching the caliber for many many years, and my next build will most definitely be a .280 ai.

If you go .280 ai, i would still stick with a sendero contour barrel. My preference is a 5r rifled barrel, like a bartlein. If you're going .280 ai, i would go 1:9 twist so you're covered from 120's all the way up to 180's.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.