Remington 700 action for 300 WM

willtim

I'm looking to build a 300 WM left hand. The only 700 left hand actions I can find are for 7mm RM. Will it work for a 300 WM? Any modifications needed? Thanks

I built my 300 win off a Remington that was a 7mm rem mag. No issues, just had a new barrel put in and it head spaced.
Yep- first 300winmag I ever had was a Rem700 I bought new from a big box store I had a gift card for. It was an ADL model in 7mm Mag, and was the display model so they gave me a discount since it had been handled.

I had them box it up and I took it straight to my smith, who pulled the barrel and spun up a 1:10" Krieger 30 cal, a Timney, an M40 stock, and my addiction to LRH was born, haha!

Yep- first 300winmag I ever had was a Rem700 I bought new from a big box store I had a gift card for. It was an ADL model in 7mm Mag, and was the display model so they gave me a discount since it had been handled.

I had them box it up and I took it straight to my smith, who pulled the barrel and spun up a 1:10" Krieger 30 cal, a Timney, an M40 stock, and my addiction to LRH was born, haha!
Yep, same thing I did. I had a bone stock 700 bdl. Shot it 15 times, then to the gun Smith to have a bartlien barrel, trigger tech trigger and grayboe stock installed.

Yep, any belted mag action will work. The RUM actions are different.
I built my recent switch barrel on a 7RM Sendero II, the factory 7RM barrel was reamed to 7STW and I spun up a 29" 8"
twist 264WM barrel for it.
A true custom action would have been cheaper in the end, but I do all the work myself. The 264WM is throated to the same principles as the A191 300WM reamer. Throat length is .220".

Cheers.