Remington vs Tikka 300 WM....or Savage

Deederswy

Hello everyone,

Im in the market for a new 300WM, I don't have the money to custom build but I want a rifle that will be accurate beyond 800 yards. I have it narrowed down to 2 choices(kind of), either a Remington 700 or a Tikka T3x(now hold on tikka fans…). With the Remingtons, I would either go with the XCR Tac(26" varmint-contour 416 stainless steel barrel, B&C stock, 1:10), the 700 5R Gen 2(24" 5R stainless fluted and threaded barrel, HS stock, 1:10) or the AWR(24" 5R stainless barrel, grayboe stock, 1:10) and as for the Tikka T3x stainless, it comes with a 24" stainless barrel but its only a 1:11 twist. (THERE ARE TOO MANY VERSIONS OF THE 700!!! HA!)

I would think with just the figures above, the Remington would be the way to go but it seems that the CQ has gone down a bunch, at least with the stories that ive read and people seem to really like Tikka and say they shoot well(guaranteed sub MOA). The common issues with the Tikkas that I find is the 1:11 twist and the mags are too short so youre hard pressed or simply cant shoot 210-215gr bullets which anything shorter seems to really hold back the 300WM. With those limiting issues, id be more apt to learn towards one of the Remington's but im a bit gun shy due to the stories that ive read how Remington rifles aren't all that good anymore. I will be hand loading and hunting elk and possibly moose if I ever draw! I also hunt at 7000'-9000' elevation.

On second thought, lets throw in another rifle, Savage 11/111(26" Carbon barrel, accutrigger, accustock, Adjustable comb, Adjustable muzzlebrake) PS – I don't care what they look like or if they are an eye sore…

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts