Remington 300 blackout 220 grain OTM experience?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

The PX at Bragg had a sale, and I picked up a box of 220 grain OTM for $10. Does anyone have experience with this stuff? Remington says it goes roughly 1,050 FPS with 550lbs KE. I am shooting a 1:8 twist radical firearms upper with a medium contour barrel. I would really like to shoot a deer this year with my .300 blackout so I am wondering if this would be good for 200 yard or less Georgia deer hunting. Any ammo recs greatly appreciated since I have not shot this rifle since being built. Pic of the blackout posted below to show you what I'm working with. I figure it's a nice 300 yard or less hunting/shooting/self defense platform.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 213
I harvested a whitetail buck and doe with this rd last season. The doe at 165 and buck at 120 yards. You'll have a good amount of drop at 200 and shot placement is key. Neither of my deer traveled farther than 40 yards after hit. You'll be amazed when you dress the deer and retrieve the projectile...mine almost looked like I could reload them.

Awesome thanks for the response. Do you have any other recommendations for the 300 blackout? I've read a lot about 123 grainers or 220 but nothing in between.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.