Remage Barrel Install - SE MI?

CjC73

I'm in need of someone to install/headspace a 280AI barrel and wondering if anyone close could help me out. Called a couple shops and it was about $100-$150 and about 4-6 weeks. Price doesn't bother me that much but the time does.

What all would i need to do it myself? I have a Savage nut wrench, they're the same i think, right? Barrel vise? gages, obviously (possible to rent?)

Tips to do this myself? Should I?

Thanks

I'm in need of someone to install/headspace a 280AI barrel and wondering if anyone close could help me out. Called a couple shops and it was about $100-$150 and about 4-6 weeks. Price doesn't bother me that much but the time does.

What all would i need to do it myself? I have a Savage nut wrench, they're the same i think, right? Barrel vise? gages, obviously (possible to rent?)

Tips to do this myself? Should I?

Thanks

Call James over at northland shooter supply and get your go/no go gauges., action wrench and you are good to go if you have a bench vise to hold everything. Put a little anti sieze on the barrel tenon and loctite on nut and you are ready

Thanks

Buck

Bucklowery hit it on the head. Have done multiple myself and I am no gunsmith. Got everything from NSS to do it at the house. If you spend a little extra and get the NSS lug and action wrench adapter to hold it then everything works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.