Remage Barrel Tenon Dimensions?

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
Wanting to make a remage setup for .250” recoil lug and was curious if I simply turn the shank to 1.060” then thread about 1.5”? Can’t find any dimensions. Help would be appreciated. Thanks as usual guys

Danny1788

Do you have the barrel nut already? ive never messed with remage setups, but typically with a .250" lug the tenon is somewhere around .940" length so just add the length of the barrel nut and a little bit more. But make it so the front of the barrel nut covers all the threads, I know there is some unthreaded length in the front of the nut correct?

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
Don’t have the nut yet. Hoping for dimensions like I use when building a rifle. Guess it doesn’t have to be that tight though without a shoulder

Danny1788

Look at the bugnut link I posted that will show some pictures of a little different method, different then a savage where the shank is 1.060”

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
Just looked and no diagram or explanation. Tried to call and got a message. I’ll keep trying and let you guys know what I find out.

OG10

I've got a Bergera remage here I can get you measurements, just let me know if I can be of any assistance. James

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
I've got a Bergera remage here I can get you measurements, just let me know if I can be of any assistance. James
I don’t know enough about it to know if it would helpful or not, to be honest :) thanks

Danny1788

Just looked and no diagram or explanation. Tried to call and got a message. I’ll keep trying and let you guys know what I find out.
I didn’t post it to give you the measurements what I was showing you was that you don’t have to start with a barrel that has a 1.060” shank to make a remage barrel.
bugnut uses a full dia 1.20” or 1.25” shank and a shoulder the nut it not much bigger than the shank. If I did a remage setup this is the nut and setup I would use.
AFC29D13-BB60-4DEE-9C01-6A6997761F6D.png

Trending threads