Rem 721 6.5 prc build

Okie Whitetail Hunter

Anyone built a 6.5 prc off of a tem 721 LA (was a 270). I have a magnum bolt for it but was wondering if i run a center feed mag will the feed ramps be to narrow and affect my feeding?

Anyone built a 6.5 prc off of a tem 721 LA (was a 270). I have a magnum bolt for it but was wondering if i run a center feed mag will the feed ramps be to narrow and affect my feeding?
I don't know if it helps but I built a 6.5 prc on a 700 short action. I put Wyatt's center feed extended box in it. I didn't have to do anything to the ramp or feed lips and it feeds great.

I haven't been around a 721 enough to remember anything about it. I built one on an old 30-06 savage LA that was staggered feed. I had to open the feed lips to fit the new center feed magazine for the magnum sized case. Easy to do with a file or rotary tool. No going back to a staggered feed standard case after that though.

I just built a 6.5 Remington Magnum on a Remington 700 long action. Running BDL bottom metal. Just broke in the barrel, but no feeding issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.