Rem 700 LH ,338 ultra. ejection conflict with scope

orangeride

I've got a left hand Rem 700 .338 ultra with a swarovski z-6 2.5-15-56 with the parallax adjustment on the left side of the scope and In Talley Rings and mounts. The problem is when I eject an empty case the ejector throws the case up and out, it then hits the knob and sometimes bounces the case back down into the action. I really don't have much room on the action to move the scope around much. I was thinking of going to a picatinny set up so I could get some more adjustment, or I was thinking a good rifle smith might be able to modify the ejector to throw more horizontal than vertical. Any Ideas?

Yeah go with a picatinny rail and egw makes a good one for $40. That's tough to beat. Then get a set of quality rings and that should be perfect for you. My 300 rum does the same thng but I have a rail on mine and it is fine Now. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.