Considering a Rem 700 SPS Var LH

TallTx

I grew up shooting RH auto loaders left handed for fun, enjoyment and hunting but that came to a halt back in the late 80's when the ex took them with her when she left. My only experience with a bolt gun was 10 years ago when I picked up a Rem 710 and promptly put it away.

Today, I'm needing a hobby that will get me out of the house and since I always enjoyed shooting, I want to start it up again and maybe even try a little F-T/R. As a lefty, my options are limited so I'm considering the Rem 700 SPS Var LH but I'm not too keen on a breech loader/unloader/floor plate configuration.

So, my question is, is it possible to go to a detachable mag feed configuration?

There are sevral drop mag set ups that are either direct bolt on or with minor mod to the stock. I have a wyatts drop mag, b&c stock on a 308sps varmit. Also h s presision, badger ord. and others make them. Just look at stockys, brownells, midway, ect. Lots to choose from.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.