REM 700 LA bottom metal

newmexkid

Final stages of the new build however, the rifle came with a DBM and the magazine would not fit in the new stock. Did not want to grind/sand away at the composite stock as I wasn't aware of the thickness of the stock at that particular point. So, I'm looking for a complete bottom kit. Suggestions please. I don't need a 10 shot mag. Just something that will fit and function.

I use PT&G for all my builds, really like either the blued steel or stainless versions. Have never used an aluminium piece.

Cheers.
gun)

I use PT&G for all my builds, really like either the blued steel or stainless versions. Have never used an aluminium piece.

Cheers.
gun)
In his opening post, the nmkid says "its a 700 that came with DBM". 700s, with original detachable magazine bottom metal (i.e. it used a detachable magazine) have no feed rails. So, theres no using an internal mag box with a hinged floor plate/trigger guard assembly. The action is 'dedicated' to using a system with detachable maazines.

In his opening post, the nmkid says "its a 700 that came with DBM". 700s, with original detachable magazine bottom metal (i.e. it used a detachable magazine) have no feed rails. So, theres no using an internal mag box with a hinged floor plate/trigger guard assembly. The action is 'dedicated' to using a system with detachable maazines.

My .25-06 AI donor was speculated to be a DBM rifle. I got it used as just an action, so I don't know for sure. And I used the Brownells conversion and it works just fine. The mag box fit into the feedrails and holds in place without issue. Only issue I have is that the bolt stop seems really long, and goes back far-enough to allow the floorplate to pop-up into the raceways above the bottom of the bolt, and won't allow you to press the bolt forward, unless you depress the mag follower back down below the bolt's face and then push the bolt forward. Not a real inconvenience, but someday I would like to fix that...Only issue I have with the rifle. Other than that, it's perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.