Rem 700 CDL or XCR?

Scottish Mag

Looking to add to my stable. I would like to get a "lighter" long range rig, and prefer Remingtons. The Sendero I have is great, but simply too heavy to carry in field. I really like the CDL and XCR. Which one would have better accuracy out to 600 yards? I really like the CDL Stainless fluted, but would want to change to a synthetic stock, like the BC that comes on the Alaskan Ti. (Love the TI, but I think it is too much $$)

Anyone have any thoughts between the CDL and XCR? Any other model 700? I believe I am going with either 300 WM or RUM. Already have a 280 and 7mm mag

Last edited:
I bought a M700 CDL SF last summer ,got it glass bedded,and pillars put in before i even shot it. Brought it home with a box of factory rounds and found it would not eject after 3 shots. was very disappointed.Sent it back to Rem. and got it all fixed up,works fine now.I'm not a big fan of Nosler Partions but had 4 boxes kickin around that id gotten in a trade and decided to use them up even if I couldn't get them perfect.
Cannon191.jpg
Cannon191.jpg
[/IMG]

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.